- Momo’s quirk was originally going to be for a Pro Hero. However, Hirokoshi thought that because Momo’s quirk is an overpowered ability it would be more interesting to have an inexperienced character have it.
- Momo’s birthday is the 23rd September, and her blood type is A.
- The kanji for Momo’s last name is an idiomatic expression that translates to ‘a great/uncountable number’ and literally means ‘eight million.’
- Momo’s ‘favourite thing’ is reading, especially encyclopedias.
- Momo’s preliminary design was similar to her current design. The main differences are that her preliminary design doesn’t have her spiky ponytail and her hero costume covered her torso and she wore a partial mask around her nose area.
- Iida’s eyes are blue the anime, but red in the manga
- His favourite food is beef stew
- Iida had two preliminary designs. His character was created during a serialisation meeting and Horikoshi ended up changing the character design when it deviated from the original concept (most likely due to the series’ change of setting to a school). Iida’s first design was older and very different to his current one, while his second is much more similar. Iida’s hero costume was also very different in the concept designs
- Iida’s birthday is the 22nd August
- Iida’s hero name, Ingenium, is also the name of a family of automobile engines!
1. Shinso is 177cm tall
2. His name is made up of the kanji for ‘heart, mind’ (心 ‘shin’), ‘manipulate, operate’ (操 ‘so’) and ‘person’ (人 ‘hito’), ‘use’ (使 ‘shi’)
The kanji that makes up ‘shinso’ can also mean ‘chastity,’ ‘honest’ or ‘to rig into one’s favour.’ It is also pronounced pretty similarly to the Japanese word for ‘heart’ (心臓 ‘shinzo’)
3. Shinso likes cats and enjoys bicycling
4. His birthday is the 1st July
Purple Man’s body produces pheromones which allow him to verbally control people’s action, while Shinso’s mind-control quirk is activated when someone verbally responds to him.
And while Shinso has purple hair and eyes, Purple Man has purple skin and hair. This is because as a physician turned international spy, Purple Man was accidentally doused during a mission in chemicals while infiltrating a chemical refinery
- Shoto’s surname contains the kanji for “to roar, roaring fire” (轟), while his first name contains the kanji for “burning” (焦)and “freezing” (凍)
- Todoroki has heterochromia as can be seen from his two different eye colours, but based upon the fact that even his hair and Quirk are divided in half down his body he might actually have a genetic anomaly knows as chimera.
Chimera is when a single organism is composed of cells with more than one distinct genotype. This condition can even include possessing blood cells of different blood types.
- Todoroki’s scar might actually be a frost burn.
We know that Todoroki has a very high resistance to his own Quirk. However, we don’t know if that means he’s immune to boiling water, other fire quirks etc.
Ricecake on Tumblr has pointed out that the scar might actually be a frost burn because Rei tried to help Todoroki when she burned him by using her Quirk (as applying ice to a burn can cause frostbite and further damage the skin), or that the injury was made worse from doing this…
- Todorki’s hero costume is the only student so far in class 1-A to have undergone lots of changes – having essentially only kept his boots from his first costume. His new costume has a utility belt which houses metal canisters container pain medication, disinfectants, water – acting as first-aid supply. The new costume’s suit also is made to help regulate his body temperature and stave off the effects of using either side of his Quirk for too long.
Todoroki and Midoriya also have the same costume designer.
- Todoroki is born on the 11th January. This makes him the 4th youngest in class 1-A
- Izuku’s favourite food is katsudon (pork cutlet bowl)
- Izuku’s name contains the kanji for ‘green’ (緑), ‘valley’ (谷), ‘being from a certain place/coming out’ (出) and ‘long ago’ (久)
- Izuku was actually first planned to be an adult, as seen in the one-shot My Hero. Horikoshi in the early concept stages of MHA had named Izuku’s character ‘Mikumo Akatani.’ Mikumo had curlier and longer hair than Izuku with bangs that covered one of his eyes. Like Izuku, Mikumo was quirkless. But he had a much more “intimidating” costume than Izuku and relied heavily on gadgets and luck to deal with challenges
- Izuku is 166cm tall (which makes him the 8th shortest/13th tallest out of the 20 students in Class 1-A)
- In the U.A. Student Information Sheet that Aizawa is shown to have in episode 39 of the anime, it can be seen that Izuku’s Quirk is registered as “Super-Power” for the public records (in order to protect the secret about “One For All”)