There’s also a bunch of parallels (obviously) so I might make a list of them in another post later… But this series is really good for seeing things like the types of relationships character have with each other (who’s good friends, dynamics etc.) and also just to watch!
Junior High finished airing in December 2015, which was way before season 2 was released – so although some of the things I’ve mentioned in this list were already known to manga readers, those who were just watching the anime wouldn’t have been away of this stuff. And so I’m counting it as ‘foreshadowing.’
*Also numbers 1-3 on the list are season 2 spoilers, while 4 is a chapter 84 spoiler, and numbers 5-6 are chapter 104 and 105 spoilers*
- Annie and Bertholdt wore the masks that related to their titans to the summer festival!
- Freida Reiss was introduced as a character
- Reddit user Kiza100 has questioned whether or not this moment from the summer festival when Ymir purposefully knocks shaved ice onto Annie and Bertholdt saves her from getting it spilled on her could be considered a foreshadowing. Because later on, in the manga Armin manipulates Bertholdt into believing that Annie is being tortured by the Survey Corps – which causes Bertholdt to threaten, and come close to, killing Armin and others. In this summer fair scene, Bertholdt gets red shaved ice all over himself to save Annie, similarly to how Bertholdt was willing to stain his hands with more blood because he wanted to protect Annie
- Armin can’t be without his futon in Junior High. He needs to be kept excessively warm all the time by his futon, as without it he’ll start sneezing and catch a cold. However it has been shown that by wearing his futon Armin sweats quite a bit, which similar to Bertholdt. And Bertholdt sweats so much because as the Colossal Titan he emits heat, a trait that Armin could have developed after gaining the power of the Colossal Titan. Maybe this is a foreshadow to how Armin gains the titan power then?
- Hot air balloons anyone?
- And of course the final one! This one really wasn’t meant to foreshadow anything at all but now whenever we all see it, it will break our hearts….
Please use my affiliate links to support this blog! 🖤
I hope you’re as ready as Armin and I are. You’re going to need some stamina to get through this post.
Wow, I’ve managed to get really far behind on responding to awards I’ve been nominated for. So to make up for my lack of a post yesterday and my slackness, I’m going to subject you all to read this 2000+ words post! (Hush now… You can’t fault that logic)
1. Lovely Blog Award
A big thank-you to Mel in Anime Land and Karandi for nominating me for this! Mel has some absolutely awesome reviews on her blog and shares some great recommendations for fan fiction and doujinshi to read! And I’m sure we all already know Karandi (if not then I hate to inform you, but you’ve probably been living under a rock. Though I suppose that it’d be kind of cool and dark there, so you know, whatever floats your boat…). She predominately posts anime reviews multiple times a day, and these episode by episode reviews are great!
Now onto the questions!
- If you could learn any language (real or fictional) which one would you like to learn?
Either Russian or German! I think that German sounds awesome, and I’d love to learn the Cyrillic script
- With which ani-blogger would you like to do a collaboration with and what would be the theme?
I haven’t done a collaboration before, and I’d be happy to do one with anyone if they asked! So long as it’s a topic I’m comfortable with
- Which is your favourite post you wrote so far?
I’ve going to have to say 12 Reasons Why Sailor Moon is Amazing: Regarding Sexuality and Gender because as much as I love my facts posts, I feel like this one talks about the importance of representation of different genders and sexualities in media, and how amazing and progressive Sailor Moon was to do so
- If you could pass one day in the life of someone else? Who would it be?
Hmm… I’d say a producer or something of the like for a show (TV, movie, radio or something like it). I think it’d be really interesting to see what goes on behind the scenes, and do something that I think I’ll enjoy
- Your worst nightmare?
I’m going to answer this as my literal worst nightmare. Which unfortunately is a reoccurring one and I always end up waking up with tears running down my face and upset. But anyway… In the nightmares my family dies (usually by a house accident that somehow I manage to survive though, or in a plane/car/something crash while I stayed at home to look after the dog). Then after that I end up shutting myself off and loosing connections with other people. And the end is me dying (usually because of assault or something of the like). So yep, fun times in
- Do you own any pet? If yes which one? If no would you want to?
Yes I have a dog! He’s a cavoodle and his name is Happy and he’s the best doggy
- Your favourite day of the week?
Friday! Always Friday!
- The last movie you saw?
Love, Simon 🙂
- A series you would like to see finish or have a second season?
- A series you regrets reading/watching
I’m going to say Tokyo Ghoul. I mean, I love it and all but I’m quite scared of the direction it’s being taken and I think that I’ve gotten emotionally invested in something that at this point, I’m pretty sure I’m just going to drop eventually
- What or who you are the most thankful to?
My Mum. She’s my biggest supporter and although we don’t always see eye-to-eye and she doesn’t always know how to comfort me, she’s always trying to improve and find ways that she can help me to be happy
- Toast or bread?
- Anime with the best food?
Umm… Food Wars I guess…?
- If you could only have one book or DVD with you on a deserted island, which would you take (assume you can watch the DVD)?
Wow, this is a tough decision. Hmm, well, after much thought and deliberation… I have decided to bring Daria with me! It’s always funny, entertaining and quite hard to get bored of!
- Coolest anime fight ever?
I don’t think this is the coolest, but I really liked watching the one in Tokyo Ghoul where Keneki, Touka and Nishiki are up against Tsukiyama in the Church!
- Favourite non-anime franchise?
Hmm… I going to have to go with Kingdom Hearts on this one
- Feelings on the Avengers?
Yeah, I like them! Though only some of the movies, not all of them. And I’m fairly indifferent to animated series
- Aliens finally come to earth, what do they look like?
Can I be boring and say they look like how ‘little green men’ are portrayed. Because to be honest, I think that would be pretty cool
- Twitter, Facebook, or other?
Hmm… I pick Instagram because that’s where some of my favourite accounts that I follow are and Facebook because it’s the easiest to stalk people on
- Headphones or speaker?
Headphones! It just feels like you’re in your own little world, and I blast music loudly too so it’s essentially the same as using a speaker. But I find that with headphones, the ones I use are a better quality that my speaker anyway and the bass booster is also better
- How many times have you changed your ringtone?
Once I think? I just use the standard ringtones given to you so…
- Geekiest thing you own?
I own a Keyblade. It’s a foam one that someone gave to me as a present a while back now
2. Neat Blogger Award
The BookWorm Drinketh nominated me for this next award! She has such amazing book reviews, some game reviews and even some recipes for us to read!
And to answer the questions:
- What are your favourite songs from your teenage years that you still rock out to when nobody else is listening?
I still in my teenage years so I’m just going to say what the current songs I’m obsessed with are. Centuries by Fall Out Boy and Emperor’s New Clothes by Panic! At the Disco 🙂
- What’s the worst thing you ever did as a kid — and got away with?
I didn’t realise that my dad was recording football on the TV, and back then it was the TV where if you put on the DVD players to watch a movie on that TV – the recording wouldn’t work (or something of the like??? I don’t know, I just know that was something like that and was why I got in trouble???). So yeah, I wanted to watched Tarzan and put it on the TV. And when the time came and dad was mad about his recording being ruined, he didn’t know it was me
- If you had to choose between these animals for a house pet, which would you choose? An Alligator, A Giraffe and an Elephant? And why?
I’d pick a giraffe. The alligator would be too scary and the elephant would just be too big to fit anywhere in the house. A giraffe at least could stand outside
- What’s the craziest thing on your bucket list?
I’d love to visit an ice hotel one day. They’re just so pretty!
- What’s your best idea for a reality TV show?
I’d watch a show where it’s just people watching the people on Googlebox tbh
- What’s something about you that people would be surprised to know?
I’m not sure if I’ve mentioned this but I’m 17. People always seem to think that I’m older though…
- What’s the best knock-knock joke you know?
Okay, get ready to have your socks blown off with this one!
You: Who’s there?
You: Beets who?
Me: Beets me!
3. Mystery Blogger Award
Fueled By Smiling has a very fun blog – filled with lots of anime reviews, some cartoon reviews and also some life lessons! Definitely check it out if you haven’t already!
- You were able to snag tickets to a two month all expenses paid for cruise that goes all around the world! Not only will you enjoy life on the cruise, but you’ll also make rest stops at the hottest locations. You tell all of your friends and family and while they’re jealous, they are also happy that you get to experience this. I’m even jealous and I’m writing the question. So here’s your first one, what is the first thing that you pack?
The essentials! Money, cards, documents, toiletries, a change of clothes and electronics…
- As you get to the port the ship is even bigger than you imagined. The name is Treemaster 5000, which sounds more like the name of an elliptical than a ship, but you’re not going to question it. You witness crowds upon crowds of people getting ready to go inside and the excitement hypes you up even more. Maybe you’ll even say, “This trip is going to be awesome!” Someone comes up to you and asks if you’re going on the cruise. You look up and notice that they kind of look like a young Leonardo DiCaprio. You smile and answer, “Yes, can you believe it!”
“Wow,” they reply, “That’s crazy!” Before you can say “This is going to be the best trip ever!” They mug you and run off. Ouch. So what are you going to do now?
Obviously I’ll report the mugging to the appropriate authorities. But I always carry money in a secret place when I travel anyone, so at least I’ll have a bit of money with me. Though I’m not sure what I’d so about my identification documents…
- You can’t seem to catch them, but no matter. They may have taken your suitcase, but you still have your tickets. A friend of yours recommended taping the ticket, your passport, and $500 on your chest as a means to protect them from petty thieves. I guess they knew what they were talking about, because you’re still able to go on the trip! You’ll have to thank them when you get back home. You walk over to the ship and hand over your ticket. You may not have your camera, or underwear, or an extra pair of socks, but this will still be the best trip ever! When the ship’s hand looks you over, he makes a comment about how you’re traveling light. What do you say to him?
Oh wait… They stole my suitcase? Well then, I’m screwed with my above answer… But I’d explain my situation to the ship’s hand, so that way if they notice this younger Leo imposter I can have some justice!
- It’s been 10 days and the trip is everything that you’ve dreamed about and more. On the 11th day you decide to do some sunbathing and notice your mugger on the ship. The nerve of that lookalike! He stole your stuff even though he was also going on the trip. You decide to follow him and notice that he slips into a room with some redhead. You open the door and see him drawing a topless picture. The strange thing is that you’re a budding artist and from what you can tell he has trouble with stick figures. You’re about to storm in when the half naked redhead laughs and says, “Oh [Your name] is there anything that you can’t do?” What’s this? This dastardly fellow is using your name to flirt with other people. What do you do about this?
Well, that would be weird because I’m a girl with a girl’s name while the mugger is supposedly a guy. So firstly, I would be wondering how the hell this redhead is dumb enough to trust this Leo imposter. But I suppose that because I have red hair I could barge in an make a scene and pretend like she’s my sister or something (I’m sure I could get away with it). Hopefully the girl will be too confused to react, and the mugger will panic and flee
- Unfortunately for you, a giant mangrove tree hit the cruise ship and it’s now going down. Why were you in a place with mangrove trees? Maybe the captain saw the trees and got transfixed by their beauty and maybe the person asking you these questions didn’t want to go the cliché route and mention an iceberg. What matters is that your cruise ship is sinking and it’s sinking fast. People are jumping out of the ship in droves and life boats are dropping as well. The water isn’t as deep or cold as the ocean, but there are a lot of crocodiles and caiman and man eating catfish in this area. You manage to get yourself on a boat, which is more than a lot of people can say. You may be shipwrecked, but at least you have a cool story to tell
Hmm… I suppose I’ll have to be alright with that ending. I mean, I survived so I can’t complain too much…
I’m not going to nominate anyone today (to avoid spamming everyone since it’d result in, like, a million nominees), but if you’d like to do any of these tags then please go for it! Or share your answers to the any of the questions below in the comments, I’d love to know 🙂
So, a really big thank-you to everyone for reading this! I know it’s super long but hopefully you managed to not fall asleep! Even if you did, then I’m sure you were deserving of that nap!